Outline Job Description:
You will be assisting the project team in delivering seismic processing and depth imaging projects.
Initially, you will learn and develop your technical skills through tasks as follow:
- Seismic velocity analysis and QC.
- Production QC of processing stages.
- Creating QC attributes such as RMS maps and horizons.
- Running and managing production work flows on company computer system.
- Test and processing report writing.
- Assemble workflows for seismic processing.
- Report to another team member of any unresolved issues that may arise during a production run, including quality related issues.
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy.
- Cooperate with supervisory and management personnel to ensure the Company’s safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. in Physics / Electrical Engineering/ Maths/ Geophysics, or equivalent.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English.
- Organised, attention to detail, and able to produce accurate work.
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines.
The following experience is desirable, but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Linux, Unix, and geoscience software / applications.
- Oil/gas industry experience – with working knowledge of seismic or digital signal processing.
- Experience with Seismic Unix (USP) and scripting.