Overview of Role:
We are seeking experienced land seismic processing and depth imaging specialists (from those with 2 to 3 years industry experience, to those with extensive industry experience) to join our growing and energetic project teams in delivering high quality seismic services to the oil and gas industry. There is opportunity for long-term career progression and increasing responsibility as technical and project management skills develop.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast-moving and high-tech work environment, have the capacity to work independently with careful attention to detail, and demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills. He or she should have prior practical experience in land seismic processing ideally with depth imaging knowledge too, and be proficient in implementing fundamental imaging tasks and workflows. Experience of OBC or OBN would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be assigned to a project team, and allocated responsibilities that may include the following:
- Managing, preparing and ensuring quality control of geosciences data to support team projects
- Time processing (and depth imaging, depending on experience) of 2D and 3D land seismic data (from field data to final product including generation of processing flows, parameter testing, velocity interpretation and model building).
- Preparing, running and managing work flows on the company computer system and resolving any issues that may arise during a production run such that given timelines are met.
- Preparing project reports and presentations, participating in and leading project meetings (where appropriate), for both internal and external clients
- Where professional experience is relevant, supervising other processing/depth imaging staff to complete their project work and assisting the team leader to manage team projects.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned by the team leader
- Comply with the Company’s HSE regulations and policy
- Cooperate with supervisory and management personnel to ensure the Company’s safety responsibilities are fulfilled.
Staff will be expected to follow guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure delivery of the highest quality products to both internal stakeholders and external clients. In addition, staff will be expected to work effectively with all team members and take responsibility for delivering the work assigned to them within set deadlines.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Geology / Geophysics / Maths / Physics, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of practical work experience in a land seismic processing/depth imaging team
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Linux and/or Unix, and industry processing/depth imaging tools; basic scripting and/or programming skills
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English
- Organised and able to produce accurate work
- Motivated to complete assigned responsibilities within set deadlines
- Able to work in the UK.