Would you like to work in one of the most unique datacenter in the world, supporting one of the planets largest supercomputers. We are looking for someone to bring real passion to supporting our datacenter and the hardware it holds.
Being a member of a small team you will have the opportunity to make a real impact. We have a history of encouraging and rewarding people who go the extra mile.
We are looking for someone to help run DUG’s datacenters infrastructure and hardware to maximise uptime while reducing operating costs through efficiency. You will work with the IT team to insure that all hardware and infrastructure runs smoothly and effectively.
Participate in new installations, operational changes, or upgrades of DUG’s datacenter infrastructure.
Seek knowledge of technical initiatives related to cooling, power, security & monitoring systems and floor layout. Propose solutions and investigate new technologies.
Required Education & Experience:
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the following:
- Datacenter infrastructure
- HVAC operation and maintenance
- Electrical distribution systems
- Industry standards for electrical safety
- Basic office application skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Basic understanding of Linux commands
- Automation control systems (BMS)
- Project management
- Risk management.
- Perform daily checks of HVAC, electrical, BMS, and life-safety systems
- Collect data on these systems and maintain historical records
- Analyse data for indicators of system health and trends
- Monitor and adjust these systems to maintain optimal operating conditions
- Assist with the mechanical, electrical, and layout design during DC upgrades
- Perform appropriate in-house maintenance
- Manage and audit third-party service contracts
- Change-management and relevant recordkeeping
- Oversee repairs and upgrades to plant equipment
- Serve as a first responder for datacenter infrastructure issues
- Ensure best practices are current, relevant, understood, and practiced
- Coordinate with local staff to ensure minimal impact to production operations
- Stay current with industry technologies and practices.