Reports to: Global IT Manager
DUG operates a single global IT team, segmented into regions, with a “follow the sun” support model. Regional IT Managers are responsible for global IT services and support during their region’s operating hours, including day-to-day management of the local IT team.
- Managing priorities for the IT staff in the region
- Ensuring that all worldwide HPC systems are functional, along with local-office IT infrastructure (desktops, printers, telephones, etc.)
- Correctly resourcing responses and activities
- Working with other regional teams, and escalating urgent issues as necessary
- Correctly handing over high-priority issues at the start and end of each day.
- Strong technical background (preferably including Linux HPC)
- Experience overseeing a complex IT environment involving constantly-shifting priorities
- Experience managing a technical group
- Impeccable organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written business English.
- Experience operating a service desk of reasonable size and complexity (i.e. not one in which almost all tickets have a simple and quick resolution).