Reports to: Global IT Manager
DUG has over 40,000 Linux systems and a need for strong Linux administration skills. The Senior Administrators will become part of the existing Linux team, who look after all Linux systems within DUG. They will possess a broad range of Linux skills as well as detailed knowledge of some specific areas. Strong problem solvers, they also serve in the team of level-three support engineers tackling otherwise unresolvable customer issues.
- Big-picture Linux topics, such as:
- Linux distributions (maintaining current and evaluating future)
- Boot / root images
- Kernels and drivers
- Deploying updates in a timely fashion
- Improve system reliability, by improving our Linux issue tracking, resolution, and prevention
- Define the OS requirements and procedures for running DUG software on customer equipment, and assist with those deployments
- Serve as level-three support for otherwise unresolvable customer issues.
- Very strong system-level problem solving
- An expert in standard Linux commands and utilities, such as
- ssh, rsync, ftp, tftp
- /proc and /sys tunables
- strace, gdb, kdump
- Ability to build the Linux kernel and other software from source
- The tenacity and attention to detail to pursue a challenging, complex issue to its root cause.
- Linux HPC
- Experience with PXE booting
- Experience with Bit-Torrent technologies.