Reports to: Global IT Manager
DUG McCloud customers will typically use a combination of DUG’s software and their own or third-party applications. Part of the DUG McCloud service offering is our expertise to help run these other applications in an optimal way.
- Installing, maintaining, and optimising third-party software running on DUG McCloud
- This is mostly application software, but will involve system integration (e.g. job queueing, MPI, licensing, etc.)
- For exceptional customers, this could also include the client’s own system infrastructure (e.g. their job queueing system, authentication, etc.)
- Direct interaction with customer IT teams and end-users
- Work with other DUG engineers to resolve client issues
- Serve as level-three support for otherwise unresolvable customer issues.
- Broad experience with installing, managing, and tuning Linux applications
- An understanding of all the major layers between userspace software, and the ultimate hardware on which it runs
- Ability to diagnose problems and identify which component is causing issues.
- Experience with O&G industry software.