DownUnder GeoSolutions is an innovative geosciences company with a diverse range of capabilities. Our products and services are at the cutting edge of exploration and production services to the global oil and gas industry.
Targeting three world-class supercomputer clusters and multidisciplinary geosciences users in offices around the world, our ability to continuously deliver high-quality cutting edge software to our internal processing and services users is at the core of our success.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic test automation developer with a passion for delivering quality software in an agile continuous integration environment. In this highly-valued role you’ll own our automated testing suite, working with a small team of energetic engineers and product managers to design and implement comprehensive, efficient tests for a wide range of new and legacy modules. Your passion for maximising test coverage, green code and frequent bug-free deliverables will directly enable the success of ambitious user projects. Your enthusiasm for continual improvement will result in measurable improvements in quality by your peers and users, and an increasingly valued breadth of knowledge about our software and industry processes. When submitting your application, you’ll have shown you read this job description in its entirety by including “Shibboleth” in your cover letter.
List of responsibilities:
- Working with other stakeholders to maintain and configure an automated test system such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Testing of software in Java and/or C
- Becoming conversant in basic geophysical concepts, common industry terminology, and unique DUG algorithms
- Providing and receiving regular, constructive feedback to and from your peers
- Supporting developers, often involved in critical, time-sensitive development tasks
- Collaborating to triage, prioritise, and schedule new testing efforts
- Reviewing and improving existing tests
- Developing tests for legacy software
- Reporting and providing feedback on defects
- Innovating and improving on existing software QA practices
- Acting as a mentor for an exceptional intern or junior test automation developer.
- Demonstrated skills as a software developer conversant in C, C++, and/or Java, using an automated test framework
- Excellent written and spoken business and technical English, suitable for working directly with users
- Impeccable professional references or a recognisable shibboleth.
An attractive salary will be negotiated based on skills and experience.