A TAM owns the technical relationship between DUG and one or more DUG McCloud customers. You’ll be primarily an advocate on behalf of your customers within DUG, ensuring that we provide the best possible service and results. Especially when a client is first starting to or expanding their use of our platform, you’ll be relied upon to make sure it goes smoothly.
You’ll be a primary point of contact for all technical questions and issues, which could relate to topics as varied as security, storage, networking, job scheduling, DUG or third-party software, and the rest of the HPC spectrum. Although you’re not necessarily an expert in all of these topics, you’ll need to be conversant in them in order to represent your clients’ interests.
- Planning and coordination of technical issues associated with client deployments and expansions
- Doing whatever is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. This will involve working with internal technical service teams such as IT and software development; getting involved directly to suggest or implement solutions; making sure that nothing falls through the cracks; and keeping the customer updated regularly.
- Giving demonstrations and assisting with technical training as required.
- Strong background in Unix systems (ideally Linux HPC). You’ll be expected to learn the details of how DUG McCloud operates, and understand the likely potential causes of customer issues.
- A history of working in roles that require strong people skills
- Impeccable organisation and attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written business English
- Experience in seismic processing and/or imaging. Knowing at least the basic terminology and standard applications will be a big help in relating to your customers.