Pore Pressure Prediction
The Pore Pressure Prediction module adds a complete workflow for interactive geopressure analysis, including prediction at wells and full 3D pressure models.
- Interactively predict overburden, pore, and fracture pressures
- 1D PPP at well locations
- 3D PPP from seismic velocities
- Model centroid and fluid buoyancy effects
- PPP uncertainty simulation
- Eaton and Miller PPP methods
- ?Matthews-Kelly fracture gradient
- Volume smoothing
- Volume integration
- Velocity picking (from gathers)
More than 25% of drilling non-productive time (NPT) is due to overpressure. In addition to decreasing the NPT, correct prediction of the pressure regime enables faster drilling, less formation invasion, and therefore improved reservoir integrity.
- Interactively model and predict overburden, pore, and fracture pressures
- 1D prediction and calibration at well locations
- 3D prediction from seismic velocities
- Model centroid and fluid buoyancy effects including hydrocarbon column height
- Uncertainty simulation
- Eaton’s and Miller’s methods for pore pressure prediction
- Matthews-Kelly method for fracture gradient prediction
- Integrate calibration data (MDT, LOT, MW, etc)
The Pore Pressure Prediction module is a seamless addition to DUG Insight, with an intuitive, interactive interface for rapid analysis. Contact usfor a demo or free evaluation.